How long does a home inspection take?
- A typical home inspection takes approximately 2.5 - 3 hours to complete, depending on size, age and condition of the home.
Can we walk through the inspection with our home inspector?
- Yes, you can. In fact, we encourage you to walk through the home with our inspector once he has completed his initial inspection of your property. This gives you the opportunity to understand everything that will be presented to you in your report and allows you to ask questions while you are still at the home. If you choose not to walk around the home with your inspector you should still be at the property during the inspection, that way if any major concerns are found they can be explained and shown to you while the inspector is there to answer any questions.
What do you look at when inspecting the home?
- We inspect the major systems of the house. These include the Roof, Exterior, Structure, Electrical, Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Insulation and Interior. Our goal is to identify the significant issues that would affect a typical purchaser’s buying decision.
If it's really bad, will you tell us not to buy the house?
- Our goal is to report fairly on the condition of the house identifying potential repairs and expenses (not actual costs).We will provide you with the information to help make an informed decision. Ultimately, the buying decision is made by you.
How much does a home inspections cost?
- Our competitive fees start at $350, and are based on the size, age and location of the home, as well as the services requested.
What kind of report do you provide?
- HORIZON is a comprehensive web-based reporting system that produces an exceptional, easy-to-read report. This system was created by Carson Dunlop and is used by home inspectors across North America. The report includes not only a description of the home, but documents our observations and recommendations. The report includes colour illustrations and photographs, as well as links to relevant reference materials, and is usually available within 24 hours depending on the size and scope of the inspection.
How quickly can an inspection be set up?
- We can typically accommodate inspections with at least 24-48 hours notice.
Are home inspectors regulated in Ontario?
- Not yet. However, the government is taking strides towards putting regulations in place. Until that happens anyone can call themselves a home inspector. Our inspector is certified by an international institution, has completed training at an accredited college, and attends a minimum number of hours each year for continuing education. Don’t take a risk with an uncertified home inspector.